News & Events
Last Minute RRSP Contribution?To help you meet the 2016 RRSP contribution deadline, our Terrace branch will be open until 7pm on Tuesday, February 28 and our Prince Rupert branch will be open until 7pm on Wednesday, March 1!
First-Time Home Buyers Benefit From New Program
The BC Home Owner Mortgage and Equity Partnership program (BC HOME), introduced by the BC Provincial Government, will be available for first-time home buyers starting January 16, 2017.
BC HOME was created by the BC Government to assist residents of British Columbia, who are eligible first-time home buyers, by providing repayable down payment assistance loans up to a maximum of 5% of the purchase price. Learn more>
WOW KidDo you know a deserving youth in your community that goes above and beyond in their lives? Do they excel, lead, give back? Do they WOW?
CFTK-TV and Northern Savings Credit Union are rewarding deserving youth in our communities! Nominate a youth between the ages of 12 and 18 to be Northern Savings' WOW Kid. Learn more >
Join Our TeamNorthern Savings Credit Union has an opening for a casual Member Services Representative for our Masset branch.
Learn more > >
Northern Savings' Featured in Enterprise Magazine ArticleWe are proud to be featured as a partner lender in Enterprise Magazine’s article, “A Roof Over Their Heads”. The article discusses how the First Nations Market Housing Fund is helping Aboriginals across Canada obtain mortgages for homes on reserve.
Read it here >
New ATM Tips
We are excited to announce that our ATMs have been replaced. Equipped with the latest software in the market, our ATMs offer new features including envelope-free deposits, security screens, and assistance for the visually impaired. Please stop by any of our branch locations for a demo of the new machine. Here are some tips to help make your banking experience at our new ATMs a great one:
- Do not deposit envelopes or deposit slips
- Insert all of your cash and cheques into the deposit slot in a neat stack
- No need to calculate the deposit amount, the machine will do all the work for you
- Looking for a little more privacy? Use the small screen on the bottom of the machine. Click the "hide the screen" link to switch back to the large screen at any time
- Some of the machines can now provide different denominations, use the small screen below to choose your desired bills
- You will notice a Tap feature - please note, this feature is not available