Who We Are
Community-based, member-owned, and democratically governed, Northern Savings is proud to have been part of the credit union system since 1940.
From our very modest beginnings as a savings and loan cooperative, Northern Savings has built itself into one of the largest credit unions in Northern BC with assets over $800 million.
Personal and commercial banking, insurance, and wealth management services are provided by dedicated professionals who provide top-notch service and trusted advice in Masset, Prince Rupert, Queen Charlotte and Terrace.
Neighbours helping neighbours to build sustainable communities.
MissionStrengthening our members and communities through an offering of trusted financial services in a cooperative way.
- Providing exceptional service
- Working together
- Demonstrating honesty, integrity and ethical behaviour
- Positively impacting the communities we serve
- Making decisions which balance member's interest, employee's interest, and long term sustainability of our Credit Union
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Member economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, training, and information
- Co-operation among co-operatives
- Concern for community
As a member-owned, democratic cooperative financial institution, Northern Savings is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership.