The simple, secure way to transfer money from anywhere to anyone.
Send or receive money in a snap with Interac e-Transfer. All you need is an email and/or mobile phone number and an account at a Canadian financial institution. As a sender, you don't need to worry about figuring out where the person banks and they won't know where you do your banking, because all account details and financial institutions are kept confidential.
It's easy.There's no need to set up any new accounts, user IDs or passwords. As long as both parties have online banking accounts, all you need to send or receive money is the recipient's mobile phone number or email address.
It's secure.When you send an Interac e-Transfer by text or email, the money never travels with the message. Instead, recipients receive an encrypted link to deposit the funds using their own banking credentials.
It's quick.Recipients are notified by email and/or text that they have received a payment within approximately 30 minutes from when the sender initiates the transfer.
As of December 1, 2016 - we have reduced the fee for outgoing e-Transfers to $1.00!
- A fee of $1.00 applies to all account types when sending an Interac e-Transfer
- Northern Savings does not charge a fee for receiving an Interac e-Transfer
Ways to use it
Interac e-Transfer is a quick and convenient way to transfer money for almost anything:
- Repaying money you borrowed from a friend
- Sending cash to children at college or university
- Transferring your share of rent to your roommate
- Paying the invoices of suppliers (on single and dual-signature business accounts)