Start Sooner and Get Ahead
Investing in an RRSP or TFSA may not make the list after debt repayment, travel, or even purchasing a new car, but the sooner you invest, the more time your money has to grow. At Northern Savings, we can help you plan ahead to set yourself up for future success.
A Little Short On Cash?
An investment loan could be the ideal solution! Heard of borrowing to invest? When done right, this smart approach can really boost your savings.
- Repayment options from 1 to 5 years
- Delay payments for up to 90 days
- Repay whole or part of the loan at any time with no penalty
- Available for amounts between $1,000 - $50,000
Start Early. Contribute Regularly.
If you can't afford to contribute a large amount to an RRSP at the end of the tax year, don't worry. By starting with just a small monthly contribution now, you'll position yourself to have a more secure future.
- Consider setting up a savings plan that deducts a monthly or biweekly amount for your paycheque or your account
Why Start Early?
With compounding interest the money you earn from your investment earns even more interest!
- 20 year old Steve saves $5,000 and doesn't touch the money until he is 65, it will grow to $160,000
- 40 year old Steve saves $5,000 and doesn't touch the money until he is 65, it will only grow to $35,000
It's Not Too Late
Concerned that you might have missed the opportunity to invest in your future? Don't worry, you have up until the year you turn 71 to contribute to your RRSPs and with TFSAs you can contribute at any age (18 years and older).
Not yet a member?
Choose to be part of something bigger, not just something big! Become a Northern Savings' member and get $200.
Ask us how >
*Terms and conditions apply. Rates subject to change. Term deposit must be part of a TFSA plan and a new contribution to Northern Savings. **Terms and conditions apply. Rates subject to change.